At Aldi Stores you:
- Rent the Shopping Cart
- You pay for your plastic bags
- Find a warehouse store style store
To keep prices low for the customers, Aldi has implemented a great system that prevents the Aldi grocery carts from ending up in the ditch (where you can find lots of the competitors' grocery carts). You put a quarter in the cart, when you pick it up, and when you return the cart you get the quarter back. This is a system that many European countries have been using for years, and I am sure that we will get used to it here in Florida as well.
Aldi check out prices:
- An Aldi Shopping Cart cost: a quarter to rent
- Aldi plastic bags cost $0.10
- Aldi paper bags cost $0.06
- Ecofriendly bags cost $1.99
To circumvent the check out cost and help the environment the best thing to do is use reusable bags, or a collapsible basket.
While reusable bags are great, it is important that they are washed regularly, as they are breeding grounds for bacteria.